Saturday, March 3, 2012

Desolation

There's definitely a bit of beauty to be found in desolation. Unfortunately, our lies most likely won't always be lived on the peak of the mountain (spiritually), but when we are desolate, when we feel far, there's good there.

We feel far because we know there is another. We are longing for the other. We're longing for satisfaction! If we didn't know of the other, most likely, our desolation wouldn't be quite as bad because we wouldn't have anyone to miss. Yes, we'd be lonely, but we wouldn't even know about being alone WITH.

Even when we're alone, we're not really alone. We're alone with. He's always there. He's always waiting patiently. He's always gazing and just watching you. When in desolation, that's the greatest thing I can - watch Him gaze upon me.

It isn't so bad then. He's delighting in me. And I have a certain hope placed in me that He WILL come through. He always does. He'll raise me up and out.

Find the beauty in the desolate places. It's there.

No comments:

Post a Comment