Thursday, March 15, 2012

Your praise is good.

Lately this is what I've been feeling.

Just those words being spoken to me, to us. Not only am I (and you) good, which I'll blog at a later time, but our praise is good. I've felt at some times, well quite often actually, that no matter what, God was always above my praise. He was always above what I could give Him. Well He spoke directly to that.

Our praise is enough for Him. When I say enough, I don't mean just enough to get by. No. It's enough. It is sufficient. It is competent. It is satisfacory. It satisfies Him, the Lord of Lord's! ...Humbling, right?!

Who am I, a wretched, broken sinner, to be able to give sufficient praise to the Creator of the Cosmos? Well he says we have what it takes. We're good. Our praise is good. What we offer to Him is good.

Not only is it good, but He delights in what we give Him. He delights in our praise, in our adoration of Him. It makes Him happy. He smiles when we bow and bring all we are to exalt Him. When we're truly present to Him in praise, I am confident that He can rest with us. The Bride, us, desires to rest in the safety and warmth of the Bridegroom, right? The Bridegroom also desires to rest with His bride. I'm confident that He tells we have what it takes and He rests. Mmm.

Now, He never expects us to give Him praise. That isn't quite how our Daddy works. He longs for us to give Him praise, yes! Most definitely He longs for praise from us! But our Daddy will NEVER expect praise. He only hopes and yearns for our praise.

He takes our praise and receives it with outstretched arms. He receives our praise that is good and loves our praise. And He thanks us for the praise we offer. He smiles with gratitude. :)




This is the song that has really helped this message of our praise being good enough.




to Christ through Mary,
Tyler



No comments:

Post a Comment