Sunday, March 4, 2012

On the Prairie

So rest and peace has been a huge part of my spiritual life in the recent weeks. I come to realize that I don't spend enough time resting WITH the Lord. He brings me peace when I'm able to rest.

Where can I rest? Well, the silence is usually the best place. In the silence I'm able to just be physically still. I'm able to prostrate myself in a position of receptivity where whatever He is saying is very clear to me. In the silence is peace. There is room for me to breathe.

That's been the main thing. Whether God Himself is bringing me the peace, or He's using a particular person to allow me to rest, breathing has been key. In this rest, my chest has place to rise and fall. The weight and burdens of the world are gone for once. I can breathe without that weight on my chest. I'm free! Free to rest and breathe!

There's this place where when I rest, I wanna go. It's the prairie. It's wide open with nothing to stop me from running. It is where I wanna be to rest. I want to be on the prairie and just run. I want to run with the fresh breeze giving me air. I want to run through the soft grass and over the rolling hills without anything holding me back.


Silence. Rest. Peace. Mhmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment